Thursday, July 18, 2013

Couponese Weekly Haul

I wanted to post a pic of my grocery haul for this week... I'm doing this to show that with a little planning that you can catch some decent deals.

My grocery budget for a week with a family of 7 is $200. This is my personal budget, not necessarily one I recommend. I am trying to get that down to less than $150/wk. This is my goal, I got pretty close this time.

I like to shop at Kroger, they have the in-store coupons and Kroger plus savings that you get simply by having a store card. I also appreciate the fact that they double coupons up to 50 cents. This means if I have a coupon worth 50 cents, it doubles up to a dollar off that item! Pretty sweet!

Not pictured in this haul were the 6 packages of Perdue chicken breasts, and a 5 lb package of ground beef. I had a Kroger coupon for fresh meats that gave me an additional $1.50 off, and the chicken breasts were buy one get one free! Awesome!

I'm including a pic of my receipt totals. I bought a lot of big ticket items like diapers, paper towels, and TP, as well as meats which are expensive.

This week I was able to spend $159.57, very close to my goal of $150. Plus, I stocked up on big items like diapers.

I also earn fuel points through Kroger which you can use at the Shell. This is another perk with gas prices going up the past week!





No comments: