Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Couponese Tip of the Day - Get Rid of Expired Coupons

I know it seems like sacrilege... The idea of not using every coupon we've taken the time to clip- the sad reality is that most of us don't use ALL of our coupons before they expire. Sometimes they're not items we use regularly, or they don't coincide with a good sale price... Or maybe we just didn't have time to get to the store that week. Oh well, that's life.

Since there were no coupons in this past weekend paper, I'm taking some time today to clear out my expired coupons to make room for this week's new ones.

Your expired coupons can still go to good use- military families stationed overseas can sometimes benefit from expired coupons. I believe they can use expired coupons for up to 6 months from the date of expiration. For more information about sending your expired coupons to military families check out Military Money Matters for tips on how to help. As a former Marine Corps wife, I wish I had known more about Couponing back then, it would have helped us tremendously with our ridiculously tight budget. Even so, I remember those years very fondly.

No comments: