Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Just Right for Fall - Pears & Pork Chops


    This is a dish I'm including in this week's meal plan - it's very simple and has sweet & subtle flavors that go well with your sides. 

    I bought my chops from our local butcher - J & M Butcher Shop over on Jefferson. He always has a great selection of meats. 

    First, I seasoned the chops with salt, pepper, & apple pie spice. Then I browned both sides on the stovetop in order to give them a little color. Next, I transferred the chops to a baking dish. You can use fresh pears, but this time I used 2 cans of pears. I poured both cans with juice over the chops, set the oven to 350, and baked the chops for about an hour. After the hour, I check on them every 15 minutes until I feel they're done.

    This is a versatile main course, I served it with green beans and rice, but you could serve it with carrots, mashed potatoes, and many other side choices.

No comments: