Sunday, February 3, 2013

In the Atomic Kitchen

Easy Mayonnaise Drop Biscuits with Fruit!

I got this recipe from GeorgieBrent on allrecipes.com and after reading all the positive reviews, I decided to try it out. I'm always on the lookout for versatile recipes that can be used in a variety of ways. I have a large family, so a quick recipe is golden for me. This was both super easy to make and super versatile! Here's the basic ingredient list from allrecipes.com

2 cups self-rising flour
1 cup milk
6 tablespoons mayonnaise

How it's Done:

1. Pre-Heat Oven to 400 degrees

2. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients until just blended. Drop by spoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets.

3. Bake for approximately 12 minutes, or until golden brown.

After spooning the dough onto baking sheets, I then plopped a spoonful of preserves over each one. Then I covered it with some batter I had reserved. My batch only made 9 biscuits, but they were really generously sized, and just enough for everyone to have their fill. Check out my photos for ingredients used, and how everything turned out.

Deviations from the original recipe:
I would recommend mixing the flour and mayo first... Then add the milk slowly until you reach desired dough consistency. I added all the milk and ended up having to use more flour.

No comments: